If you are a new employee and you have a strong feeling that you are suffering from workplace bullying, you have a reason to get a copy of counselling melbourne details manual to help you understand what is happening around you and the best way to go about it.
Work place bullying may refer to inappropriate behavior to an employee by his colleague. Work place bullying such as physical violence is the worst forms of bullying that is commonly found at the workplace. Indirect work place bullying may entail the use of telephone text messages, emails or letters. Similarly, as a new employee, initiation can be used to bully you.
Workplace bullying can take many forms. It can be the bullying that takes place between workers and workers, supervisors and workers clients and customers, contractors and visitors and many more.
Work place bullying includes all the activities that may offend or harm the other employee. It could be a hazard, a safety or a risky concern. According to counselling melbourne details manual, if work place bullying is not addressed it can lead to patterns which may become part of the culture of the employees at the work place.
Conflicts and differences of opinion and other problems at the work place could be part of the working life but if other persons are subjected to unreasonable and offensive treatment it becomes bullying.
Common bulling methods
Almost all employees and people at the work place are at a risk of experiencing some form of bullying. Although there are some behaviors which may not be meant to bully a person, they somehow constitute bullying. Other behaviors such as aggression, violence, assault, threat of assault are some of the most common form of unlawful bullying that can take place at the work place.
Other forms of bullying may be overt and may include:
- Offensive language, insulting and abusive
- A language that frightens, belittles, degrades, criticizes, yells as well as screams.
- Comments that are considered inappropriate especially comments on a person’s appearance, their family and their lifestyle.
- Teasing , practical jokes that are annoying , making someone a brunt of pranks
- Interfering with a personal effects or work tools
- Initiating offensive practices
- Overloading a person with a lot of work
- Setting timelines which are difficult to achieve as well as constantly changing the deadlines.
- Assigning tasks that require skills which the employee does not have
- Isolating and ignoring an employee.
- Denying a person’s access to information or a resource
- Treating a person unfairly as far as training and leaves are concerned.
Work place bullying has many effects including reduced efficiency, increased absenteeism, low morale and civil actions. Each employee will react differently to bullying and most of the workers who are bullied may experience any of the following effects;
- Stress, sleep, disturbance and anxiety
- Panic, lack of concentration and loss of self confidence
- Physical injury
- Reduced quality to family and home life